With the right lighting scheme, any room can look more welcoming and comfy that includes a basement too. Turn that dungeon looking basement more lively, here are some pro-tips to keep in mind when choosing a basement lighting.
Use Basement Lights to Set the Mood
Usually, basements are dark and dingy but by installing the right types of lights, you can turn the places around into something more comfy and functional.
If you are looking for lighting that is easy on the eyes, relaxing then Ambient lighting is the one for you. It improves visibility in any room by gently illuminating the entire space, including a dark basement. Ambient lighting is ideal for basement den light fixtures.
Planning for a workshop in your basement then the ideal option is task lighting. This bright, focused task lighting makes it easier to read, write, draw, or study is also suitable for home office lighting. If you have a basement office, task lighting will keep you alert and stimulated.
Next on the list is accent lighting. These are a great option if you want to show off your art collection in a basement gallery as they illuminate specific focal points in your home. Accent lighting can also be used to showcase attractive architectural elements or to highlight a collection of artwork, certificates, trophies or photographs.
Basement Light Fixtures
Decided on the types of lighting you want? then it’s time to look into some new fixtures for your lights.
Here is a list of the most popular basement light fixtures to consider:
- Recessed lights: Most basements commonly have low ceilings. Recessed lights fixtures provide plenty of ambient light, and they also reduce shadows and glare
- Track lights: Track lighting fixtures are easy to install and requires only a very little wall space. Track fixtures can be customized to the type of lightings you’ve chosen thus entitling the name one fixture for all lighting
- Pendant lights: To light up concentrated areas pendant lights can be a good choice. It helps create texture and depth to your basement. Pendant lights can provide focused task lighting but can also use them for accent lighting
- Industrial lights: If you have an unfinished basement with concrete walls and exposed beams then industrial fixtures will provide plenty of light while highlighting the bones of your basement. Look for simple metal pendant lights or Edison-style bulbs
- Window lights: Even if you don’t have any windows in your basement? You can still create a realistic rendition using custom-built fluorescent light fixtures. Paint the wall bright white, install some blinds, and hang fluorescent lights on the wall. Your houseguests won’t believe it’s not really a window!
Tips for Choosing the Best Basement Lighting Options
Puzzled about finding the right lighting choice for you? There are so many possibilities when it comes to basement lights. These tips will help you choose the best lighting solutions:
- Game room lighting: You don’t have to worry about missing a shot because of bad lighting, hang pendant lights over a pool table to illuminate the game
- Home-Office Lighting: Make sure your workspace has enough warm ambient lighting to give the room a calming appeal. But you should also install track or pendant lights to create task lighting. After all, you want to stay focused and productive
Hoping to watch movies with your family? A dimly lit basement is the perfect option for movie night. Consider installing recessed can light on the floor to lead the way back upstairs without disrupting your feature presentation.
Let Inlightech Light Up Your Lower-Level Living Space
Whether you need a well-lit home office, den light fixtures, or an illuminated game room, there are plenty of options available. If a basement remodelling project is on your radar, new lighting fixtures should be on your to-do list. Inlightech provides professional lighting installation services. Let us transform your dark basement into a functional, usable space. Call 0481 179 667 or contact us online to schedule an appointment with our lighting pros.
Check us out to know the wide range of services we provide
- Electrical appliance Installation
- Power Upgrades in Perth
- Hard Wired Smoke and Fire Detector Installation in and around Perth
- Stove Install & Oven Elements
- Emergency lighting works in Perth
- Powerpoint Installs and Repairs
- Cabling Upgrades
- Air conditioning installation in Perth
- Office fit-outs in and around Perth
- Kitchen makeovers Perth
- Down-Lights & LED Lighting Installation & Upgrades
- Safety Inspections
- Switchboard upgrade in Perth
- 24/7 Emergency Electrician
- Outdoor power point installation Perth
- Ceiling Fan Installation
- Range Hood Installation
- Stove, Range and Oven Installation
- Perth Fan Installation
- Dimmer Light Switch Installations
- Exhaust Fans & Extractor Installation
- Electrical Outlet and GPO Installs
- RCD & Safety Switches Installation
- Fuse Box Install, Repair, Upgrades
- Cheap kitchen renovations Perth
- Electrical fault finding
- LAN, Phone and TV Cable Installs