Looking for saving energy costs? It is one of the simplest ways for schools to, collectively, save millions of Australian Dollars a year. Saving Electricity in a school is a responsibility of each and everyone at the school, it not just about saving on money but an act of conserving the environment by reducing carbon footprints
Did you know? – that Lighting comprises almost 50% of the electricity used by schools
There’s also more to saving electricity than reducing energy tariffs; schools should look to reduce carbon footprints and energy consumption within their own walls
Reducing energy consumption
Reports say that more than 20% of the energy was not consumed by schools properly, If we use proper housekeeping alone they can reduce energy bills by 10%.
Top tips for saving energy
- Saving energy requires every last hand in the school and have your students come up with ideas to secure energy savings.
- Swap desktop computers with laptop computers as these consume far less energy.
- Energy-Star appliances help to use energy more efficiently.
- Swap all your CFL bulbs, incandescent lights with LED or energy-efficient fluorescents – they last ten times longer and are four times more efficient.
- Turn off lights when not in use.
- Install a Smart Thermostat that comes on in the morning and is turned off at night.
- Check that building are properly insulated.
- Make use of natural lighting as much as possible.
- Using smarter metering to get your electricity reading helps you to monitor energy use and identify potential energy efficiencies.
Similarly, Longer-term energy-efficient investments are:
- Installing solar panels
- Re-insulating your buildings
- Upgrading your heating and cooling systems
- Investing in new energy-efficient equipment.
With more schools focusing on effective energy management, plus efficiencies, schools in the Australian stand not only to save money on energy bills but to lessen their carbon footprints in the process – a win-win for all!
Check out our Inlightech blogs for more Insightful tips on Safety guidelines, Upgrades and Installations at a Commercial, Retail and Residential level.
Our licensed electricians at Inlightech are ready to help with any electrical services that you may request.
We also provide other services such as
- Electrical appliance Installation
- Power Upgrades in Perth
- Hard Wired Smoke and Fire Detector Installation in and around Perth
- Stove Install & Oven Elements
- Emergency lighting works in Perth
- Powerpoint Installs and Repairs
- Cabling Upgrades
- Air conditioning installation in Perth
- Office fitouts in and around Perth
- Kitchen makeovers Perth
- Down-Lights & LED Lighting Installation & Upgrades
- Safety Inspections
- Switchboard upgrade in Perth
- 24/7 Emergency Electrician
- Outdoor power point installation Perth
- Ceiling Fan Installation
- Range Hood Installation
- Stove, Range and Oven Installation
- Perth Fan Installation
- Dimmer Light Switch Installations
- Exhaust Fans & Extractor Installation
- Electrical Outlet and GPO Installs
- RCD & Safety Switches Installation
- Fuse Box Install, Repair, Upgrades
- Cheap kitchen renovations Perth
- Electrical fault finding
- LAN, Phone and TV Cable Installs
Call Inlightech Electrician nearby your area today at 0481 179 667 or request an appointment online to solve your electrical issues immediately.