Sometimes caring for your environment starts with simple gestures and small steps. Begin your step forward in protecting the environment by knowing the safety guidelines on disposing of CFL Bulbs.
With rising numbers of Commercial and Residentials building swapping from CFLs to LEDs. Along with it came the need to dispose of these CFL bulbs responsibly, as CFL bulbs contain mercury – a hazardous, toxic metal. Here are some guidelines on disposing of CFL bulbs
Don’t just throw ’em out in your regular recycle bin. Find local recycling service or facilities that will dispose of CFL bulbs and incandescent bulbs in an eco-friendly manner.
2. Contact the Local Garbage Pickup Service
Call your garbage/recycling service provider and check if they offer CFL or mercury pickup/drop off and recycling services.
3. Retail Store Re-cycle Programme
Many stores that sold or sell CFL bulbs also provide a recycling program for those bulbs. Enquire if they take in CFL bulbs for eco-friendly recycling.
4. Recycling Program
Check on the recycle scheme given by your town or city municipality. Even if your local program doesn’t support such services, check for companies, who will help you to recycle your old CFL bulbs.
Our licensed electricians at Inlightech are ready to help with lighting design and installation. We can also help you to pick out the suitable bulbs based on your needs.
We also provide other services such as
- Electrical appliance Installation
- Power Upgrades in Perth
- Hard Wired Smoke and Fire Detector Installation in and around Perth
- Stove Install & Oven Elements
- Emergency lighting works in Perth
- Powerpoint Installs and Repairs
- Cabling Upgrades
- Air conditioning installation in Perth
- Office fitouts in and around Perth
- Kitchen makeovers Perth
- Down-Lights & LED Lighting Installation & Upgrades
- Safety Inspections
- Switchboard upgrade in Perth
- 24/7 Emergency Electrician
- Outdoor power point installation Perth
- Ceiling Fan Installation
- Range Hood Installation
- Stove, Range and Oven Installation
- Perth Fan Installation
- Dimmer Light Switch Installations
- Exhaust Fans & Extractor Installation
- Electrical Outlet and GPO Installs
- RCD & Safety Switches Installation
- Fuse Box Install, Repair, Upgrades
- Cheap kitchen renovations Perth
- Electrical fault finding
- LAN, Phone and TV Cable Installs
Call Inlightech Electrician nearby your area today at 0481 179 667 or request an appointment online to solve your electrical issues immediately.