Ever felt like the whole outlet is going to come out of the wall when trying to pull a cord out? Electrical outlets are linked to outlet boxes which are fitted to drywall or a wall stud. Your outlet box can come loose over time from the material it was once attached to.
Fixing these outlets is not just about tightening a couple of screws. Sometimes, there might be a need to replace the whole outlet box or resize the hole in the wall, or there could be underlying issues happening, like frayed wires, and if not handled by a professional it can pose a real danger to you or your family.
That is why it is important to call a licensed electrician to repair loose electrical boxes in your house or office.
Look out for Warning Signs
Indications of loose outlet box – when it feels like the whole outlet is coming out of the wall when you are trying to unplug from the socket. Maybe you can slide the faceplate side to side. Or if the faceplate does not stay put up against the wall?
When an outlet box has been loose for some time, so are the wires attached to that outlet. If the wires have been rubbing against any hard objects or sharp edges, there could be significant wire damage. This requires professional repair service to ensure that the outlet is safe to use and that is why it is important to call a licensed electrician to repair loose electrical boxes
Potential Damage Caused by Loose Electrical Outlet Boxes
When a damaged outlet box is left unaddressed, it can lead to several possible issues. While some of these subsequent problems seem minor, others can be catastrophic.
- Cracked faceplate: A loose outlet box which is constantly pulled against the faceplate will lead to cracking of faceplate which can lead to exposing of live electrical wires. It is Never safe to use an outlet that does not have a proper faceplate fixed.
- Inconsistent device charging: A loose electrical box can lead to an inconsistent power supply to your devices. Over time, such inconsistent power flow to the device will damage your device battery.
- Cord damage: Sometimes, exerting a certain amount of force to plug in a cord or unplug it can lead to loose wiring connection, making the cord ineffective. In the worst-case, exposed wires in the cord could result in electric shock.
- Electrical shock: If you experience any sort of electrocution when plugging in or unplugging a cord, it is crucial to get it fixed as soon as possible for the safety of yourself and your family.
Let the Licensed Electrician from us Repair Your Loose Electrical Outlet Boxes.
Electricity and Electrical Repairs are never to be taken easily. When dealing with electrical issues in the home, it is always best to call in a licensed professional to take care of the problem. This is not only to ensure the job is done correctly but also for your safety. The local team at Inlightech will service you at your doorstep. Call us anytime 0481 179 667 or book an appointment online for domestic electrical services.
We also provide other services such as
- Electrical appliance Installation
- Power Upgrades in Perth
- Hard Wired Smoke and Fire Detector Installation in and around Perth
- Stove Install & Oven Elements
- Emergency lighting works in Perth
- Powerpoint Installs and Repairs
- Cabling Upgrades
- Air conditioning installation in Perth
- Office fit-outs in and around Perth
- Kitchen makeovers Perth
- Down-Lights & LED Lighting Installation & Upgrades
- Safety Inspections
- Switchboard upgrade in Perth
- 24/7 Emergency Electrician
- Outdoor power point installation Perth
- Ceiling Fan Installation
- Range Hood Installation
- Stove, Range and Oven Installation
- Perth Fan Installation
- Dimmer Light Switch Installations
- Exhaust Fans & Extractor Installation
- Electrical Outlet and GPO Installs
- RCD & Safety Switches Installation
- Fuse Box Install, Repair, Upgrades
- Cheap kitchen renovations Perth
- Electrical fault finding
- LAN, Phone and TV Cable Installs